We have some rather exciting news...the old school next door is about to be redeveloped as a small hotel to compliment our existing accommodation in the village.Boasting 14 bedrooms, the style will be complimantary to the local architecture and very much in the spirit of our other developments and indeed the Inn itself. It'll be a busy year next year with building work hopefully getting underway after Christmas if all goes to plan...
We'll release more details as we progress, hopefully including some artists impressions to give you an idea of how things will look. We hope it will help to invigorate the local economy further by bringing more people to our lovely little hamlet for a holiday or short break.
Our other awards include:
More recently we won Welsh Gastro Pub of the Year 2015! The award ceremony was held in Cardiff.
We are very proud of our achievements and look forward to your visit to come and try our award winning food.Read more
Well firstly of course you can explore our very own zoo!...but there's a lot going on right on our doorstep, of course the Brecon Beacons are a major attraction, but we're only 40 minutes from the award winning beaches of the Gower, stay with us and get mountains and beaches for the same price! You can enjoy a wide variety of activities with the nearby centre at Absolute adventure
The picturesque county market town of Brecon is a short drive away, along with the smaller villages of Llandovery, Sennybridge and Trecastle.
We're in an official Dark Skies reserve, which means on a clear night you can see the milky way in all its glory
• Dan Yr Ogof Showcaves - www.showcaves.co.uk
• Cefn Yr Erw Animal Sanctuary - www.cefn-yr-erw.co.uk
• Henryhd Waterfalls, Coelbren
• Craig Y Nos Castle and country park
• Sleeping Giant (Y Cribbarth mountain)
• Sarn Helen Roman road and Coelbren Fort
• Local off-road motorsport events in Walters Arena
• Heronstone Holiday Retreat, Ystradgynlais – www.hoseasons.co.uk
• Walking in Brecon Beacons National Park
• Topgun Paintball - www.topgun-paintball.co.uk
• Call of the wild outdoor pursuits - www.callofthewild.co.uk
• Mountain biking in Afon Forest Parc - www.afonforestparc.co.uk
• Dulais Valley quadbiking - www.dulaisvalleyquads.com
Pentre trekking Centre - www.pentrestables.co.uk